Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Friday, July 27, 2007


New York.

Stottlemeyer performed at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater during the Del Close Marathon tonight. Emotions and/or nerves were running high, and a few pre-show speeches from my castmates almost brought me to tears. No matter what happened we all felt lucky to be there and happy to be performing with this cast. Having a bad show in Chicago is never fun, but as a performer, you can go back a week later and knock it out of the park. Having a bad show or good show in New York is very different; cause you may only get to do it once...you know, depending on how the show goes.

The show went extremly well. I was very proud of us.

Afterwards we drank free keg beer in the green room, celebrated, and watched some celebrity types pal around with people from the theater. None of us knew their names, mostly we'd just say 'Hey there's the guy from the Daily show, what's his name?' or 'The dude from the Office! You know, that guy! What's his name?'

Then we ate at a Southern BBQ place that was, according to the menu, famous for their Margaritas. I had ribs with a lime margarita. It's an odd pairing that I'm fairly certain is not a 'New York' thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger stonelake said...

From now on, I will never be able to see that view without thinking of being seduced with the help of chocolate, vodka, rose petals, bath confetti, and a live goldfish.

What a fun time.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. Fun. Times.

don't forget the votive!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Meghan Drrns said...

I saw you all at the marathon and I am not sure if it's creepy at all or not that I immediately recognized you from this blog. Y'all did a real fine job. Maybe it's creepier that I was sort of proud. I swear I'm not scary. I JUST LIKE BLOGS.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL@Meghan's comment!
Sounds like you had a really amazing time! Beer and Southern BBQ is always good

Cheers,
Blair

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home