Chicago to Boston to Chicago

Monday, July 30, 2007


Arnie was contacted by a reporter from Beep, a suburban magazine, and asked to be interviewed about long distance relationships.

I felt left in the dark because I was not contacted by the interviewer. I became afraid about the questions that would be asked, the possible misquoting, and the very real possibility that my family would see a crappy article in their local suburban paper about my relationship.

In the end it was fine; just a fluff article about tips to making a long distance relationship work.

This process, for me, was not unlike the long distance relationship itself. I had very real worries about making it work, did what little I could to help it along, felt a sense of impotence at times, and at the end of the day I just had to trust that it was going to be alright.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My relationship became long distance recently...It sucks, but It's nice to see yours is still going strong!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Arnie said...

Someday someone will do a hard-hitting investigative report on our relationship and then we'll really be in trouble.

10:52 AM  
Blogger stonelake said...

Well helllllo, Arnie. Pay no attention to the unusual size and heft of my eyeglasses, or the wire trailing from them into my unusually lumpy slacker t-shirt.

Yes, I'm just hanging around some friends.

So, how is your relationship?

12:21 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

this picture is real neat! you guys did it!

thanks for letting us read while you did.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home